Comments: Hep Cats

Oh, did this post cheer me up! I am in the Edinburgh airport, having missed my flight this morning because they didn't want to send more people to the Amsterdam airport (where we hear between 6,000 and 55,000 people are stranded - they don't exactly have their facts straight). Then they gave us letters with numbers to call and told us not to ask the people at the ticket desk. Of the two numbers on the letter, one said it was closed due to unforeseen amounts of customer service required, and the other put us all on hold for 4 hours. SO I have a flight, but not until tomorrow. And then my connecting flight home is the next day. And I haven't slept in 24 hours. And I have nowhere to stay tonight. Travel sans mercy at its best.

But cats help.

Posted by Haley at December 21, 2009 9:01 AM

I'm so glad that Schubert is feeling better. (Also, he will always be WAFFLES! to me.)

Posted by Mir at December 21, 2009 9:16 AM

Heh. I used to call my old, cranky and dearly departed cat Skeezix. His real name was Sky -- named by my 7-year-old self for his bright blue eyes. But like many pets he had a million nicknames, and Skeezix was my favorite.

Anyway, I'm very glad that that Schubert is back to being his old self. And I love the Boggart stories, though I fear that you are right about the thumbs and the bell tower.

Posted by Aimee at December 21, 2009 11:28 AM

LOL Glad Schubert is feeling better. Boggart cracks me up. You make me want a cat AND a dog.

Posted by Jess at December 21, 2009 11:31 AM

How is Bagel these days?

Posted by Roxanne at December 21, 2009 9:05 PM

I have a cat who seems to need attention but hate it at the same time. He is so reluctant when he is needy but the need is real. The other one is what we delicately describe as a slut. Well, he's male so maybe a bimboy. He always wants attention and will not be put off. What a pair. They're brothers, Calvin and Hobbes.

Posted by donna lee at December 21, 2009 9:47 PM

Omg I totally have a cat like that! He is big and black and thinks he is king, and he HATES to be petted by anyone unless he deigns it to be so. I love my cats.

Posted by Miss Riley at December 21, 2009 11:48 PM

You made me think of a comic I saw once that I think is secretly true for ALL cats: the owner sees the sleeping cat's paws twitching and fondly thinks he is dreaming of catching mice. Really the cat is dreaming of catching his shrunken-to-mouse-size owner!

Posted by Brigitte at December 22, 2009 6:41 AM

I love me my cats and dog-who-thinks-he's-a-cat! Thank you Joshilyn for all the brightness you bring to my days all year long. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Posted by Kathy at December 22, 2009 1:08 PM

Oh, did this post strike home. I have a Boggart named Frankie who behaves like a hippogriff. He sniffs my hand and lowers his head if I smell good enough to pet him. Otherwise he collapses to the floor rather than deign to be touched. He was born in my kitchen, so I have no idea why he hates me. He has recently taken to curling up next to me on the sofa, but that's as close as he gets.

I rescued a kitten from a dumpster that I actually NAMED Boggart because of his evil angry-ness, but he turned into a snuggle bunny. Go figure.

Toddlers, all of them. Jealous little toddlers who will NEVER. GROW. UP. I love them so...

Posted by tuney at December 23, 2009 2:41 AM