Comments: Open Letters to Everybody

cool snowman!!! never seen one like it before!
at least the angel maker was able to enjoy the white stuff!!

Posted by Judy at December 9, 2009 10:33 AM

Maisy is a fantabulous snow angel and your snowman is darling. Is that a red pepper ring grinning underneath his celery nose? What a healthy snowman!

Posted by Kim at December 9, 2009 11:16 AM

The hat just makes the snowman!

Posted by Jenn at December 9, 2009 11:23 AM

YAY for Mr. Husband's return! YAY for snow angels! YAY for regular mental illness numbers! The veggie snowman is awesome. So is his hat.

Posted by JenniferG at December 9, 2009 12:21 PM

Oh. . .there you are. . .with a wonderful blog post that makes me so glad I keep on clicking over here and PHOTOS to boot. You made my day. Again. Love the dead-daylily-stem arms. I, too, thought the bell pepper mouth was exceedingly clever AND ALSO LOVE that Little Girly of the Perfect Snow Angel covered her hands and feet in plastic but laid her cotton clothing RIGHT ON THE SNOW. And that truly IS a a perfect snow angel in the 1/2 inch of accumulation you had there. We in Houston had NO accumulation, but it was pretty.

Posted by Roxanne at December 9, 2009 12:26 PM

Possum's can not be trusted. You're lucky Scott is home.

Posted by pam at December 9, 2009 1:37 PM

Hello, Yay! My name today is Drat! It's nice to meet you.

I'm glad you've got your Scott back.

Posted by Aimee at December 9, 2009 2:19 PM

Seeing sweet Maisy in her Kroger bag boots brings back childhood memories. We moved to East TN when I was 6, and my mother, the Florida native, never once invested in boots or gloves for us for the winter -- it's not like snow was going to be a surprise and she was caught unawares. I think it was her passive-aggressive stance against Tennessee. By golly she'd never had to wear boots and gloves for winter, and her children weren't either. I wore socks on my hands, two pairs of jeans, and plastic bags over tennies to go play in three foot drifts of snow. Good times!

Posted by Lori B. at December 9, 2009 5:41 PM

I enjoy Maisy's improv snow attire, and i adore the snowman's jaunty pith-helmet chapeau. De rigeur!

Posted by Rachel at December 9, 2009 8:00 PM

I am glad you are once more protected from serial killers and opossums :P And Maisy does indeed make a very adorable snow angel :)

Posted by Heather at December 9, 2009 8:20 PM

I love the hands and feet in plastic! We in Michigan (who should be oh so prepared) had a little boy with one red mitten and one blue mitten this morning. They were warm and dry and that was all I cared about. At Oh My God I'm Going To Late AGAIN O'clock, that's all I ever care about.

Posted by GrandeMocha at December 10, 2009 3:45 PM