Comments: Restless Soul Syndrome

The chipmunk sounds lonesome. Let the young yellow kitty out to play with the chipmunk. Kitties likes to play with chipmunks. They loves it to death. Chipmunks at the very least will shut the chup up. (Ask me about our tomato-eating chipmunk, especially the day he got his head caught in the black plastic net I had wrapped around said tomatoes.)

Posted by rams at October 26, 2009 8:34 AM

We've had two of those young fellows. I say had, because our boggert-yeller-kitty is death to chupping chupmonks. I just wish he didn't bring them in the house to "share". (although last week he dropped one in the food bowl in the kitchen with a profound thunk which gave me quite a laugh when I realized it was probably a comment on the kitty kibble he's been getting...)

Posted by Jen at October 26, 2009 9:44 AM

SO glad i am not the only one having conversations like that with the spousal unit!!

Posted by Judy at October 26, 2009 10:16 AM

It's not Scott's fault. It's his broken chromosome. That missing little tail of the second X contains critical skills like listening, long term memory, the ability to find something that is staring you in the face, and the ancient hunter-gatherer need for shoes.

Posted by Jen at October 26, 2009 12:30 PM

Oh. Really? I think the tail broke off my x... here at my house *I* am the one who is congenitally unable to find the shoes. ESPECIALLY if they have been put away on the shoe shelf in my closet.

Posted by Joshilyn at October 26, 2009 12:32 PM

I think I would be willing to trade if it meant that you would take the family of groundhogs that ate my garden this summer...

Posted by Linda J at October 26, 2009 1:32 PM

Perhaps it wants some seeds or something? At least it would be chewing instead of chupping :)

Posted by Reagan at October 26, 2009 4:09 PM

My three kitty cats could come take care of that for you.

Posted by pam at October 26, 2009 4:32 PM

Good description of that chipmunk sound. We have them in our yard too, and I always think it's a bird I'm hearing till I see a little guy standing at attention like you described. I think they're cute when I'm out in the garden, but I understand not being able to think or write during the racket.

Posted by Red Hamster at October 26, 2009 5:10 PM

Here in IlliNOISE, we have ground squirrels. They burrrow. Our neighbors had one, or a dozen under theri cement slab we call a patio. The Y chromosomed neighbor poured gasoline in the hole, then lit it.
They have no ground squirrels. They still have a patio slab. I still wonder.

Posted by JulieB at October 26, 2009 11:50 PM

This makes me doubly glad I 1) don't work at home and 2) wear headset all day long.

Posted by Cele at October 27, 2009 12:22 AM

Posted by Cele at October 27, 2009 12:25 AM

Ah. It's not just MY husband, then.

Posted by Brigitte at October 27, 2009 7:33 AM

Saw something that made me think of you. "ON storr," referring to some random Norse word, but it looked like OnStar, and I know how much you love OnStar. I honestly have no idea what storr means, nor did I care enough to find out (you remember grad school, right?).

Posted by Haley at October 27, 2009 10:30 AM

Maybe Scott and the chipmunk are just waiting for the right time to reveal the musical act they've been secretly rehearsing.

Posted by Paige at October 27, 2009 1:23 PM