Comments: Moody Blue Beautiful

Ohhhhh. Oh, no. Um. Mellow Mushroom, tonight? ;)

Posted by Mir at October 14, 2009 11:52 AM

I totally had the crock pot fail a couple of years ago. Instead of coming home to a lovely beef stroganoff topping, we came home to...raw beef that had been sitting in onions and garlic and beef stock all day. *sigh*

I feel your pain!

Posted by Erin at October 14, 2009 12:15 PM

I've forgotten to plug the slow cooker before, which results in the same fail.

As for the baked on badness, let me recommend that you use a disposable slow cooker bag next time. It may not be environmentally friendly, but nothing beats being able to just throw away the mess once a meal is complete. May I never have to scrub cooked on gunk from my slow cooker again!

Posted by Elsisi at October 14, 2009 12:43 PM

I knew there was a reason that I didn't have a slow-cooker yet! Actually, it is more to do with my limited counter and cupboard space, but I am so SORRY that you had a bad day. And that today isn't much better, so far.

I once put cake back in the oven for "just a few more minutes", and woke up (a few hours later) to the distinctive scent of over-cooked chocolate. VERY sad.

I hope that your corner is nice and the BetterU gets a BetterDay!

Posted by Diane (TT) at October 14, 2009 1:09 PM

On the upside, you have WoW :)

Posted by Laura L at October 14, 2009 1:13 PM

Time for chocolate!!

Posted by Linda J at October 14, 2009 1:16 PM

Soak that bad boy in baking soda and water for a few hours (what I like to refer to as "marinating my dishes") and order The Office from Netflix because that 5k episode? Epic.

Posted by Anna Marie at October 14, 2009 2:18 PM

I have ALSO totally flaked on my crock-pot cooking before, which led my husband to attach it to a lamp timer so it turns on when it ought and turns off when it ought. Of course, he has to set it, but I put all the goodness in the cooker. Works like a charm.

On the other side of that, someone told me to remove really, really, really baked on ick from various and sundry pots and pans and casseroles, to put dish soap and water into the item, then set it on the stove and turn the fire on under it. Let it "cook" until nearly boiling, then wipe it out. It works like a CHARM, and I have to use that trick often.

Posted by Roxanne at October 14, 2009 2:52 PM

once again, an entry that reminds me how much I love you and your writing. :)

Posted by diana at October 14, 2009 9:54 PM

DOH!

Posted by Avallia at October 14, 2009 10:31 PM

Oh, dear. The world is fighting against you. But that usually means you are doing something RIGHT and GOOD that the world feels the need to try to smother. Keep up the doing good and right, but not in growing as a person. Never, never do that.

Posted by Nikki at October 15, 2009 4:55 AM

On the upside, you had one insomnia-free evening?
;-)

Posted by Brigitte at October 15, 2009 7:00 AM

Geez...I had to go check on my crockpot before I could finish reading your post!

I think you need a new crockpot...one of the fancy ones with different time settings and lights and no knob that can get all caddywhompus on you and derail your Mommy goodness.

Plus, retail therapy is always good for the grumps.

Hope today is better.

Posted by Jen at October 15, 2009 1:30 PM

I love my crockpot, but there are those moments, well that Linda said, reek of chocolate need.

Posted by Cele at October 15, 2009 10:54 PM

I have not (yet) had a raw OR charcoal experience with my slow cooker/crock pot. Which I suppose makes sense, because I don't think I have ever actually left it unsupervised. I think that every time I have used it, it has been set up at my Wonderful-Father-and-StepMom's house. Both are retired, and my StepMom has a keen sense for when food is Done.

You are the Greatest Writer Ever. And has anyone told you today that your hair looks marvelous?

Jennifer

Posted by JMixx at October 16, 2009 11:24 PM

just remember....you can do anything, but not everything. or you can do everything, just not all at once.

Posted by dramamama at October 16, 2009 11:34 PM

That is one of my favorite Office episodes (maybe second only to the where a bat gets into the office and Jim pretends to be a vampire- ironically, directed by Joss Whedon.) I bought my husband the t-shirt they all wear for the race as a Father's Day gift.

Posted by Laura B. at October 20, 2009 8:59 PM