Comments: Doing and Undone

Are there tickets required for the GGC reading? Their website is annoyingly vague. If I can make it, I will so do jumping jacks with you. I need to get my butt in shape.

Oh, and that sounds like The Descent, which I thought was an awesome and very appropriate for elliptical horror flick.

Posted by Jessica at October 12, 2009 4:49 PM

Nope, no tickets needed.

AND YES! It is indeed the descent.

Posted by Joshilyn at October 12, 2009 5:08 PM

Rain + machines that go bump in the middle of a workout = Thwarters of good health.

"Make clicketty here." (I am going to steal that line, at least once, in an email. I will try to remember to give you proper credit for this creative bit of word-smithing but I shall probably forget. So forgive me, O dearest, most pretty, most compassionate, Joshilyn, for I shall surely sin against thee in the not-so-distance future.)

Posted by Vicki at October 12, 2009 5:24 PM

Ooh, I must watch that movie. I've had nightmares about fish-belly white underground dwellers since I saw "Beneath the Planet of the Apes" as a kid (what does this say about me, that I'd seek out MORE).

Posted by Brigitte at October 13, 2009 6:13 AM

You AND Janine Latus? I want to go!

Alas, children. Am I the only one who has no life after 2:30 pm?

Posted by Jen at October 13, 2009 8:37 AM

Hey, thanks to whomever mentioned the Spark site in the comments yesterday. I went to check it out and somehow that was enough to get me back on track again. Nature (snow! so let that put your measly rain back into perspective) and children (yes, Jen) tried to foil me, but I got in some exercise. Part of that exercise was on the Wii fit (meh), which also insisted on weighing me. Holy cow, was that a kick in the pants! I...I've never seen that number before.

Posted by Carrie (in MN) at October 13, 2009 9:12 AM

OK, so last night I did not do my wimpy little weights routine (BTW, your training regimen sounds so much more strenuous than mine that it makes me feel GRATEFUL that I am content to be only a LITTLE smaller than I am, because There Is No Way). Instead, I came home and ate cinnamon raisin bread pudding with amaretto sauce (it was yummy, thanks!).

In my defense, I walked around (in a wander-pause sort of way, not aerobic, but on my feet) for 3+ hours in the afternoon, ate dinner at my desk and got home at 9 p.m., so I don't feel bad about that.

But this morning, I got up and did one of the aerobics videos, so that's a personal triumph!

There cannot be too much preparation or equipment required for my exercise, because every step increases the likelihood of non-occurrence by about a factor of 10 (1 = get out of bed; 2 = put on exercise clothes; this second is especially bad on chilly mornings; if I had to get out of the door - it'd never happen).

Good luck retrieving your devastatingly vigorous activity levels!

Posted by Diane (TT) at October 13, 2009 9:48 AM

Hi, Joshilyn...

I met you at the Gwinnett Reading Festival last October. Looking forward to seeing you tonight at GGC. Love this blog!

Posted by Beth McIntyre at October 13, 2009 10:44 AM

I just finished Between, Georgia, and it was FABULOUS. FABULOUS. I loved it! I am going to go buy the rest of your books RIGHT NOW. LOVED it.

Posted by Katie at October 13, 2009 11:49 AM

oh Joshilyn, entertainer of my days.... I found the Zicam nose swab thingies here in a store. Want me to pick you up a few?

you may email me either at the home email address or at work peggy.spence@level3.com. I will be happy to cruise various grocery stores & such to send you some of them, since you gave them such a glowing review. Alas for me, it is tooo late in the killer cold cycle from heck to benefit from it's preventative goodiness.

Peggy in Tulsa

Posted by Peggy in Tulsa at October 13, 2009 12:11 PM

Alas, I live much too far from the great state of Georgia to attend. Someday....someday, you will appear at a place located in the poor middle states to your west and I shall get to come see you. (I can dream anyway...)

Posted by Kathy at October 13, 2009 12:28 PM

Katie --- THANKS!!!

Peggy -- no no, I do not want to lose all sense of smell and taste. And sadly, that can HAPPEN. SO no more nose sniffy, no matter how great nose sniffy is... It seems like it would be VERY bad to never smell and taste again. Esp. since I SO love chocolate.

Posted by Joshilyn at October 13, 2009 1:08 PM