Comments: 40 Days and 40 Nights

Wow. I went to that six flags when i was a kid. Unbelievable. Glad y'all are butt safe and sound.

Posted by elizabeth at September 24, 2009 10:13 AM

Those pictures from Six Flags are nuts. The ones from the connector really freaked me out, too. Odd weather...glad you and yours are safe.

Posted by Heather at September 24, 2009 10:16 AM

I must be doing a better job of shutting out the world than I realized. I only heard about the flooding late last night, when my friend who is traveling in her RV called me and talked about it. I'm so glad you're okay.

Posted by Sandra Leigh at September 24, 2009 10:47 AM

Wow-- so glad you're all okay, especially since the neighbor would have given giraffes precedence over you!

That roller coaster looks like a sea monster. Scary! Meanwhile, we've got the opposite problem here in SoCal. Not enough water. Maybe we can do a swap.

Posted by Aimee at September 24, 2009 10:53 AM

I wish I had a dollar for the times that someone has said or I have read on Facebook something about an ark this week! But I did have the thought that it wouldn't be a bad idea as I tried to drive/float home from my job in Marietta. Craziness. At least the waters are receding and someone has to have seen that olive branch by now?

Posted by Beth at September 24, 2009 10:56 AM

I must admit that every time I heard something about it I thought of you. I'm glad to know you are okay and it's okay to have butt nothing done sweetie. Take time and enjoy if possible...or come up to NC and we will go get cookies! Hugs Pluffy! See you in game.

Posted by Leigh at September 24, 2009 11:30 AM

Glad to hear you're all ok! I've been thinking about you while watching the news. Not sure what's scarier though - the floods, or your neighbor. It's probably a good thing he chose the giraffes over you. Who'd want to be stuck on a boat with a nut like that?!

Posted by Eighmee at September 24, 2009 1:12 PM

So glad that you are safe and hopefully well. I've been keeping you a secret from my sister so I can have her read BS first. Then Gods. I'm in the need for a Joss fix. Time to order all 3 from the library...

Posted by Linda J at September 24, 2009 1:46 PM

Glad you are safe and sound. We have dried out here too, and it looks like the worst is over.

Lawd willin' and the creek don't rise!

Posted by Jen at September 24, 2009 2:28 PM

Those pictures are insane. Of course Chuck called all of his old colleagues and made them check on his dam. He told me today he wants some of his ashes scattered there.

Posted by Karen Abbott at September 24, 2009 8:17 PM

I had no idea in GA where you lived, and am sorry you're in the midst of the mess. (Of course, I do know where Athens, Atlanta, and Between are.) I hope you all dry out soon. I was sorry to hear there were fatalities with the rains.

Posted by JulieB at September 24, 2009 10:03 PM

Glad to hear you and yours are safe, but I hate it for your neighbors. My mother has no childhood pictures, because she lived beside a river when she was young and their house flooded. I can't imagine losing everything. It's heartwrenching. As an aside, I just found out this morning my good friend's crazy MIL lives in Powder Springs, and she is also fine. Small world. Hope your little town gets back on its feet soon.

Posted by Lori B. at September 24, 2009 10:51 PM

My kid would probably want to try out the coaster that way. Relieved to know you and your family are OK!

Posted by Brigitte at September 25, 2009 6:33 AM

So sorry your town got pounded. Mine was virtually washed away two years ago -- thousands of people lost their homes. Everyone in the county had either PTSD or survivor guilt. We had survivor guilt. We live on a big hill too.

So glad to hear you are all right.

Posted by Katrina Stonoff at September 25, 2009 9:14 AM

Glad to hear you are safe. My family lives in the Atlanta area but I am in Scotland right now so I missed all the flooding.

I've been reading your Travel Sans Mercy section because I recently experienced some Travel Sans Mercy myself and it made me feel better. Let's just say that the airline EasyJet really should be called Air Bogus and would definitely employ Kimberley.

Posted by Haley at September 25, 2009 1:26 PM