Comments: As Seen On Television (part 2)

The PedEgg is MAGIC.

Posted by RuthFischer at September 12, 2009 8:44 AM

I recently rescued a Flowbee from my grandmother's basement. I haven't used it but it makes me happy to know I could if I wanted to.

Posted by Melinda at September 12, 2009 9:43 AM

The Chop Wizard is great! And my Daughter swears by the PedEgg, but I always thought it seemed gruesome.

Posted by Susan at September 12, 2009 10:08 AM

The PedEgg IS magic!!!

Posted by pam at September 12, 2009 10:19 AM

The ads for the ped-egg make me retch. MUST they show someone's stinky, scraped, powdered foot-flesh actually pouring out of the thing? EEeeeuuwww.

Posted by Brigitte at September 12, 2009 10:20 AM

I have never even heard of that one! Put a pic up so we can all find this magical device which will allow me to so sleeveless with carefree abandon!

Posted by Allison at September 12, 2009 10:24 AM

YES YES that's why I do not HAVE one! Because of the cavity full of DEAD MITE-INFESTED flesh-rind they DUMP OUT on TV.

Posted by Joshilyn at September 12, 2009 10:25 AM

You might want to go back and get the strap perfect to use with your tank tops and sleeveless shirts of your dreams. It's not actually a bra. It is little plastic thingees that make your bra straps come together in the middle of your back so your straps won't hang out on your shoulders showing outside your sleeveless tops. They are very simple and work very well. Congrats on the pushups!

Posted by MelissaB at September 12, 2009 11:16 AM

The Ped Egg rules, especially when you lose your job and can't afford pedicures!

Posted by SaltedWithShadows at September 12, 2009 11:40 AM

I work in retail and my store also has an "as seen on tv" section. Did Target have Smoooth Legs? Because it is teh awesome, and by awesome I mean gives me hope that one day I too can use items in my garage to make millions. It's a "magic" hair removal device that consists of...sandpaper. 600 grit sandpaper on a palm-sized pad. I love America.

Posted by ellbee at September 12, 2009 12:57 PM

OMG. I've never seen a Ped-Egg commercial. That's just sick. I'm delighted to hear about your pushups, though. I must pay my As Seen On.,.store.

Speaking of visits, there's an award waiting for you over at The Turtle, Do come on by and pick it up, okay?

Posted by Sandra Leigh at September 12, 2009 10:46 PM

Ped-Egg. Buy it! That is all.

Posted by Kristin at September 13, 2009 1:05 AM

I just googled the PedEgg and threw up a little.

I am very jealous of your push ups... I once told my husband I could do some (because last time I tried, I could do, like 20, but I was also 20 years old...) and he said "prove it" and I could do about two. Weep.

Posted by Heather Cook at September 13, 2009 6:52 PM

Oh, but the Flowbee? Totally worth it. So not crazy, unless you're talking crazy FRUGAL.

We inherited one from the inlaws, and I can make that thing sing! No one in this house except me has so much as set foot in a commercial hair-cuttery since 2000 or so.

If the Flowbee gives out before DH's hair finally does (and it is a close race at this point), I'm easily in for another one. At nearly $15 a pop for adult heads (and not much less for kids), I'll make my money back pronto!

Posted by Mariela at September 13, 2009 10:14 PM

My husband does perfect pushups and my almost-one-year-old loves playing with them, spinning them around and around. And my husband does have some nice arms. But it is true when he brought them home, I was like, "What? You bought this in a drug store?!?"

Posted by emily jane at September 13, 2009 11:04 PM

When I try to do push-ups, my dogs think I'm on the floor just to play with them and pile on. I spend more time laughing than exercising. I hope laughing uses up a lot of calories, LOL. I might get a pair of these but I'd probably spend all my exercise time trying to get them back from dogs. They prefer keep-away over fetch and anything reachable is fair game.

Posted by LaurieB at September 13, 2009 11:25 PM

My all time favorite Sold On TV product was the Hula Hoe - the weeder with a wiggle. That is marketing genius.

Posted by Tequila Cookie Chris at September 15, 2009 9:58 AM