Comments: Decatur Book Festival! UPDATED to include Post Fest Pic and Yapping

Ooh, that reminds me, I have to look up when our local ren-fairs are starting. ;-)

Have some decadent fun!

Posted by Brigitte at September 4, 2009 8:04 AM

I am jealous. That is quite a list of authors. I saw Lee Child is going to be there- have you met him before? I know you have much love for Reacher.

Posted by Jill W. at September 4, 2009 10:13 AM

I told my father, who is going to be in Atlanta, to go by and say hello. He'll be the one with a leather hat. (My grandmother and one brother live in Tucker, GA, which is close to Decatur.)

Posted by elizabeth at September 4, 2009 11:17 AM

I met Lee Child at a conference... I had it in my head that his books were about SPIES, and I seldom like stuff about spies---I prefer cops and detectives, sometimes reporters or regular folks caught up in a BAD WHATNOT.

But he was such a genuinely cool fella---so friendly and unpretentious and fun---- I got the first Reacher book just to have him sign it. I took it on the plane home, and 2 pages in I was like THIS IS NOT SPIES and 5 pages in I was in love with the series, forever and ever, world without end, amen.

Posted by Joshilyn at September 4, 2009 11:37 AM

Well, for the love of those cheekbones, slide into the back row of the Patricia Smith reading and prepare to be slapped happy-silly by somebody with stage presence AND the ability to sling words AND heart. Seriously woah.

Posted by rams at September 4, 2009 4:06 PM

I will be at your talk tomorrow! I'm so excited. DBF is one of my favorite weekends of the year. I will say that I will try not to fall in a fangirl!flail at your feet this year. :) I don't make promises, however.

Posted by erinanne at September 4, 2009 8:47 PM

Pix plox.

Posted by Jill James at September 5, 2009 1:31 AM

Wish I were closer. DBF sounds like a blast.
Ever head up to VA for the Festival of The Book? It looks like they are very similar...

Posted by dee at September 5, 2009 4:22 PM

I so enjoyed your talk today at the Decatur Book Festival. I can't believe I never went before. Wanting to meet you got me out of Oxford.

Thanks for sharing so much of yourself. I am re-inspired in so may ways.

Posted by Alicia Senn at September 5, 2009 5:02 PM

As usual, DBF was great! I get all my Christmas gift list books personalized and get to hear funny and smart people talk about what they love. Thank you for being so gracious about signing my Between Georgia hardback in the Daniel Wallace/George Singleton talk Saturday afternoon when I got shut out of your morning session. Am looking forward to Backseat Saints (or whatever the new one gets called.)

Posted by Bridget at September 6, 2009 9:45 PM

I second the vote for you coming to the VA Festival of the Book! I signed up on their website months ago to be a volunteer - with the entire thought of persuading the organizers to invite you - and I have not heard a peep from them. Not word one. You'd think a festival organized entirely by a nonprofit with volunteer help would be eager for a volunteer who is not only a huge lover of books but also an experienced event planner!

Posted by Jen A at September 8, 2009 11:02 AM

As a fellow resident of VA, I "Third" that!! I have never gone to the Festival of the Book, but I would if you were going to be there! Especially if you were going to speak to a group about...whatever!

Jennifer

Posted by JMixx at September 8, 2009 11:37 AM

You are looking fabulous (Better U, indeed)!

Posted by Jill W. at September 8, 2009 11:51 AM

Yes! Come to VA's Festival of the Book! Please . . .

Posted by Genevieve at September 8, 2009 4:35 PM

My god, woman, you look GORGEOUS!

Posted by Aimee at September 8, 2009 5:38 PM

Why do I torment myself? I just perused the DBF website and saw your topic from this past weekend. I can't believe I missed that! Then while I was over at dianagabaldon.com I saw that she was at DBF, too. Don't know if you know her, like her or have read her books, but I am in literary love with James Alexander Malcolm McKenzie Fraser. 'Nuf said. Anyway, the thought of you two being in the same place at the same time this past weekend while I was living it up at a campground with a feverish child suffering from strep throat, well it's enough to make me sick. Would your talk be available anywhere to download? Please say yes.

Posted by Lori B. at September 8, 2009 8:21 PM

Wow you look really great! That better u must be good stuff.

Posted by ├ůsa at September 9, 2009 10:53 AM