Comments: In Which No Winners Are Eaten

Haha Joss, I love the way you made the announcement oh so fun! It almost makes up for not winning ;)
(I kid, I kid - I got it last time so I shan't be greedy!)

Posted by Heather at August 28, 2009 10:47 AM

If I have to suffer the pain of not winning the book - and it appears that I do - I'm grateful to have the belly laugh that your post inspired in me. Meanwhile, the first book is waiting for me at the library. Congratulations to the winners!

Posted by Sandra Leigh at August 28, 2009 10:51 AM

I am assuming that I am saving up my Lifetime Store of Luckiness for something really super, because so far said luckiness is conspicuous only by its absence.

Congrats to the winners -- I guess I'll have to go ahead and buy the Kindle version! Unfortunately, it doesn't come with Kindle tattoos. Oh well.

Posted by Aimee at August 28, 2009 11:41 AM

Hurray! I did not get eated.

Please pet the teeny pink internal puffy rabbit and reassure it that no one is actually injured by NOT winning a prize. And don't let it watch "Survivor." Or "Wheel of Fortune."

Or, even better, tell it that everyone else won NOT GETTING EATED.

By the way, I think I need to rent "Cloverfield." I enjoyed your description too much not to.

Jennifer

P.S. I had forgotten the part of the story where the mean lady said she wanted the top half of the baby. I always thought that the splitting would go the other direction, hence giving us the original meaning of "left-brained" and "right-brained."

Posted by JMixx at August 28, 2009 1:05 PM

I can cope with not winning the book but now I really WANT WANT WANT a giant pumpkin hollowed out and stuffed with candy.

Posted by Diane at August 28, 2009 5:48 PM

I don't know, a giant pumpkin filled with Bit O Honeys sounds pretty darn good to me. By the way, if anyone ever questions your skill as a writer, you can tell them that you are able to make people read ten full paragraphs without skipping ahead to the prize announcement. You're just that entertaining.

Posted by Sandi at August 28, 2009 10:23 PM

alas, I did not win. but that is okay. because I have NEVER won any kind of raffle type thing MY WHOLE LIFE, thereby leaving my luck bunny intact in order to win that $300 million. at which point I will just go BUY myself the book. and an island

Posted by kate at August 28, 2009 10:58 PM

Gee, I ALREADY fell into a door a few days ago, too. Only bruised the side of my rearend, though. Too bad for the cats!

Guess I must have used up my luck on totally forgettable prizes at childhood Halloween costume contests, phooey. Congrats to the winners!

Posted by Brigitte at August 29, 2009 6:52 AM

Alas, I don't think I've won anything since the sixth grade cake walk - but I cleaned house that night, winning TWO cakes. My family was actually upset that one of the cakes I brought home was my Momma's. What? I'd eaten her delicious desserts before and KNEW they were yummy!

You are so, so HIlarious! Thanks for cracking me up despite not winning the book.

Posted by Lablues at August 30, 2009 9:51 AM