Comments: Better tUesday: Push and RePush Are Eating a Boat

Glad to have you back amongst the relatively sane. The most excellent thing is you are doing SO well in making a BetterU that even a bad week did not set you back! You are awesome.

(I hearted Cloverfield too, the ending stayed with me for a long time)

Posted by JenniferG at August 18, 2009 9:40 AM

Heh. There must be something in the air as I have been eating people up and spitting them out for what feels like weeks now. I have started reciting in my head every morning "I will be calm and rational all day today" and I consider it a success if I make it longer each day before turning into the ugly monster. Permanent PMS? Pre-menopause? Stress? I have been looking for something to blame it on but now I am going to refer to it as Cloverfield thanks to you!

I hearted Cloverfield too and I am not even a big horror movie fan. Want to think that the people that love me would go to those lengths for me ...

Posted by Amy S. at August 18, 2009 10:28 AM

So glad I started reading your blog. Makes me feel a little better about those raging, red-faced, 360-degree head spinning days. There are way fewer of them when I get to the gym regularly. And TOTAL EMPATHY for the lack of scale movement. Apparently, three grueling bike classes a week plus one or two weight classes is only good for MAINTENANCE these days (at 46). Sigh.

Posted by susanvl at August 18, 2009 10:29 AM

Sorry for the bad week, but yeah for not gaining any weight. I had to post because I'd never heard of Cloverfield, but this is the second time I've seen it referenced today! Too weird.

Posted by kim at August 18, 2009 12:19 PM

So I take it you ate the baby??

Posted by Linda J at August 18, 2009 4:59 PM

I like your "easy" goals. (I have found them not to be so easy during weeks such as the one you had.) I may have to copy them down somewhere for when I need them. :)

Posted by SaltedWithShadows at August 18, 2009 9:22 PM

Awww. I am patting you on the arm, passing you a totally fat-free brownie, and then high-fiving you for not gaining during a totally crap week.

You. Rock. Even if you do snap off kids' heads and eat them with strawberry jam for breakfast.

Posted by CityGirl at August 18, 2009 11:13 PM

You. Rock. Even if you do snap off kids' heads and eat them with sugar-free strawberry jam for breakfast.

Everyone has bad weeks. Look forward, not back!

Posted by CityGirl at August 18, 2009 11:17 PM

Ooh, chocolate martinis. Excellent choice of beverage when it's time to Eated Everybody. And YAY YOU for keeping your weight stable and meeting your goals... even some is better than none which is a heck of a lot better than ending up in the back of your freezer wrapped around the last Fudgesicle while fire shoots out your eyes and chars the doodes in white coats who your screaming loin spawn have summoned by means of running up onto the front porch of a crazy neighbor lady who has perhaps too many cats.

Posted by inkgrrl at August 18, 2009 11:38 PM

Great job! Stressful weeks can be tough, but you did well - go easier on yourself.

On a totally selfish note - are you going to be doing an appearance in Dallas? Please, please, oh pretty please???

Posted by Crazed Mama at August 19, 2009 10:17 AM

I was laughing too hard yesterday to type a comment. I think you're doing BRILLIANTLY, even if you did eated everybody.

I thought (but was wrong) that one of my friends was trying to DISS Cloverfield when we were seeing District 9 on Friday (speaking of original pieces of filmmaking!) but it turns out she can't handle the wobbly camera work because it makes her queasy.

Posted by Aimee at August 19, 2009 10:24 AM

Honey, you are an inspiration. Truly and nobly.
"...five servings of fruit and vegetables every day, neatly balanced by five servings of candy and liquor." And I love your food maths.

Posted by Lulu at August 19, 2009 2:44 PM

Wait, don't you recycle your glass? There's nothing like standing at the glass container and trying to pretend the multitude of wine bottles you're throwing in are not all yours.

Posted by Saskia at August 20, 2009 2:23 PM

May I have your recipes for the Lime-butter Tilapia and the Salsa Chicken...I live in Colorado these folks don't know anything about southern food. I too am having a "Sybil" week as it is just plain tough to stick to lifestyle changes. Best of luck to you all. I just found your site today and I love it! Cheers!

Posted by Sherry Tuggle at August 27, 2009 3:04 PM

We must have been in parallel universes because my kiddies were in mortal danger from my vicious head-biting attacks all week too. It's been a stressful week for me with my FIRST BORN CHILD GOING TO COLLEGE????? Who said I was old enough to have a COLLEGE KID??? Argghhh.... and even though I can't say it in front of them, she is a little more favored than the two hell-a-cious brothers she left behind. I understood her -- we spoke the same language.

Week 5 of my BetterU program -- my goal (which fit in nicely this week) is to develop some strategies for overcoming emotional eating. Anybody know something healthy that tastes EXACTLY like a Hershey Bar?

Posted by Ginger at August 27, 2009 3:23 PM