Comments: Prodigallish

Oh yay! What a perfect end to my vacation!

And I am SOOOOO sorry to hear about the food poisoning-new-minting fawn episode. Huzzah that you were able to eat sushi and hang with the writing group last night.

Posted by Mit at August 3, 2009 10:23 AM

I am so with you on the sushi, perfect way to combat food poisoning. A few years ago we were at Disney during Star Wars, I was accosted by a group of Wookiees in a dark alley of Hollywood Studios (not really, but fun to think about)!

Posted by kudzuhomecomingqueen at August 3, 2009 10:35 AM

Glad to hear you recovered from the food poisoning. Thank you so much for the video! Who knew old Vader was such a good dancer? I must go watch it again.

Posted by JenniferG at August 3, 2009 10:44 AM

on the research front, have you tried www.helpareporterout.com?

Those people know everything.

Posted by Jen at August 3, 2009 11:19 AM

I am forwarding your request on to a law school class mate of mine who lives in New Orleans. He is my go to guy for when my clients need a Mississippi attorney referral. He seems to know everyone in this part of the world.

Posted by Jill W. at August 3, 2009 11:27 AM

I don't have any Mississippi contacts but your plea for info re: kids who come into the foster care system made me think of CASA - Court Appointed Special Advocates - a volunteer organization that acts as advocates of the kids whose parents are in the court system for some reason, which might be just exactly what you need.
Here is a Jackson county Mississippi branch
My local CASA is all about helping people understand the group to get more volunteers. I bet they'd LOVE to talk to you.

Posted by Melinda at August 3, 2009 12:45 PM

speaking of MC Hammer

while I'm thinking of it, this made me ridiculously happy

glad you're closer to fine

Posted by Dianna at August 3, 2009 12:59 PM

I don't know any forensic types personally (physical anthro was not my thing), but if you're looking for good books to go to, there's Dead Men Do Tell Tales by William Maples or The Bone Lady by Mary Manhein. They're interesting reads to boot.

Posted by Erin at August 3, 2009 1:23 PM

that video made me SMILE OUT LOUD!

thanks for that. :o)

Posted by CityGirl at August 3, 2009 2:22 PM

I AM going to Disney! This year. Already excited.

Sorry to hear about the food poisoning, but the new book sounds interesting at any rate.

Posted by Jess at August 3, 2009 2:40 PM

That was NOT part of the show last year when I went to Disney... I feel cheated!!!

Glad you're feeling better, Pretty Tulip

Posted by Beth R at August 3, 2009 3:41 PM

Why do I feel such a personal bonk on the head when I do not win at these things?

Posted by Scottsdale Girl at August 3, 2009 7:01 PM

Also perhaps I could use a lesson in SENTENCE STRUCTURE.

Posted by Scottsdale Girl at August 3, 2009 7:02 PM

My children and I just enjoyed that video. Twice. I might have to watch it again later.

Posted by Roxanne at August 3, 2009 7:20 PM

Poor thing! I am so sorry to hear about food poisoning. My stomach is cramping in sympathy. Glad to hear you are feeling better, and thanks for sharing the video. It will make my son's day.

I wish I could help with the forensic science stuff. I watch far too many forensic science shows on tv, and I was an undergraduate at UT when Dr. Bass, he of the Body Farm fame, was still teaching. But alas, I do not think this qualifies me as an expert. Good luck!

Posted by Lori B. at August 4, 2009 12:44 AM

That video is full of win.

Posted by Jade at August 4, 2009 5:26 AM

I gave my brother the blog address; he is in Mississippi. If he knows of someone, he'll send you an email. His name is Andy, and he is really helpful!

Posted by elizabeth at August 4, 2009 11:25 AM

TOMS already sounds interesting... Another year to wait though...sigh...Any new news on Saints?
Glad to hear you are on the mend. food poisoning is NO FUN and I do speak from experience. (((Josh)))

Posted by Linda J at August 4, 2009 11:38 AM

Loved that video!!

Posted by Heather Cook at August 5, 2009 9:02 PM

Didja get my email? I've got a forensic scientist for you. Google Randall Noon.

Leslie, in Hiawatha