Comments: Better Eyebrows?

Wow! I checked out the before and after on the other site and you look AMAZING! Way to go.

I like your new eyebrows, but they make you sort of...different. Not bad, just different. And this from a person who's only seen you twice in my life, so I can imagine how Scott must feel.

A Clinique girl once told me I had perfectly shaped brows. Since that's the only time anybody's ever told me I had perfectly shaped anything, I've left them alone ever since.

Posted by Leandra at July 26, 2009 9:16 PM

Great shots, thanks for letting us in your world! The brows look nice, not that there was anything wrong with them before. So is it worth the pain? the maintenance?

I think your cheekbones look higher because of the um, program, the whole shrinking thing you're working so hard on. ;)

Posted by PattiH at July 26, 2009 9:37 PM

I'm with Leandra and PattiH, they look good, but that's because you look good.
And Leandra had better luck than I; mine look like the outer half of each side is shaved off. However I have had dentists moan in ecstasy over my molars, which apparently are really good looking. ?

Posted by hollygee at July 26, 2009 10:58 PM

I'm still such a big proponent of nicely shaped brows though! I can't see close up enough on your face in your betterU before picture to tell, so I don't really know what your brows were like before, but I like the new ones!)
Also, you look amazing! I'm guessing you lost a lot of inches in your waist - and also, you look totally stacked lol.
(Also, good job Scott. *thumbs up* )

Posted by Heather at July 26, 2009 11:42 PM

Hooray for husband's who know the right answer! It wasn't hard, was it?

Your eyebrows look great either way, in my opinion. They are kind of an accessory, you know? So unless they are extreme in one way or the other, I rarely notice.

Before and after pics: You look super! Congrats on becoming an even Better U! I have to agree with Heather. You may have lost inches in very many places but, lucky you, you appear to have gained inches in one very beneficial place.

Posted by Em at July 27, 2009 12:00 AM

I dunno. I'm with Scott on this one. The new eyebrows, IN MY OPINION (which is worth, y'know, squat), make you look very serious and intense and kinda. . .scary. Intimidating. I would never argue with those eyebrows, that's certain.

I couldn't see the Better U picture well, though, so I looked at the one on your website. Those seemed to me to be friendly eyebrows. Eyebrows that would love a glass of wine and some good pasta at a small fun place.

But as I say, that's my opinion, and we all know I'm crazy to begin with.

Congratulations on being halfway to a Better U!

Posted by Fran at July 27, 2009 2:44 AM

That's only halfway? Cuz you look fantastic!! And husbands are notoriously bad at adjusting to change. I like your eyebrows and if you like them, keep having them done, IMO.

Posted by edj at July 27, 2009 5:42 AM

I'm always so unobservant that I need the side-by-side pics to compare, but I love Mr. Husband's wording about someone else's eyebrows nesting on your face! Will you have a competing writer in your household soon (besides Maisy, that is)?

Posted by Brigitte at July 27, 2009 6:51 AM

You look FABULOUS!

Posted by Aimee at July 27, 2009 10:50 AM

Wow! No comment on the eyebrows, as I am not a connoisseuse, but you've made amazing progress with the, um, improved heart health! Many congratulations.

I have continued to not lose much weight (due to margaritas and raspberry chocolate ganache), but did get into an outfit that has gone unworn for a couple of years, so, that's a little progress. I've really been pretty good with the exercise goals, even if I don't do all the eating things right.

Posted by Diane (TT) at July 27, 2009 11:46 AM

Wow. Total husband win.

Posted by alala at July 27, 2009 12:55 PM

Haha,anytime I go on a diet, all that happens is my boobs get smaller. I didn't really look that closely at the pictures so I just saw that you've lost weight and look good, but if that diet really only shrinks your waist, maybe I should try it.

Posted by Ã…sa at July 27, 2009 3:39 PM

I'm voting for the "old" eyebrows. They make your face look softer (in a good way). The old eyebrows have personality. As for the before and after photos - DAMN! (Again, I mean that in a good way!) Although I have to say, even when I saw the first photo I thought, "Great legs, no fair." It's easy to see the change in how you feel about your body by the way you're standing in the two photos. Before is a little hunched, and after is "Hey, sailor!" Of course, if your husband is taking the second photo, that might have something to do with it...

Posted by Sandi at July 27, 2009 7:39 PM

I have never had my eyebrows done, or even considered it, but now after seeing your pictures I think I might. You look great! You are going to laugh, but my first thought was: "okay, now I see why some people say she looks like Katy Perry".

Your hubby did give a great answer. But it doesn't mean that you don't look good. My hubby recently got some new glasses that are very "in". I have seen other men wearing similar glasses and I think they look very nice, but my hubby just looks so DIFFERENT that it bothers me! It's not that I don't think his glasses look good, it's that he doesn't look like HIM. So I get what your husband was trying to tell you.

Posted by Michelle at July 27, 2009 8:41 PM

I have a Scottish husband too. Ain't we the lucky ones???

Posted by Roxanne at July 27, 2009 9:22 PM

WOW! Good for you! You look AMAZING! I think seeing your results might have pushed me over the edge into getting serious about weight loss.

Posted by Elizabeth at July 27, 2009 10:05 PM

Confession time: I have a rather weird eyebrow fetish. Seriously, eyebrows are the first thing I check out on women AND men and if they're especially good looking eyebrows I can stare at them, mostly involuntary, for hours. (Luckily the eyebrows location to the eyes makes most people think that I'm just listening intently. Sadly, I am not. I'm just lusting after their gorgeous brows.)

My husband has LOVELY eyebrows, I think I may have fallen in love with them on first sight. Luckily, the rest of him is rather nice, too.

My point is, my rather weird kink makes me an EXPERT on eyebrows. I've checked out thousands of pairs very closely and based on my experience I can tell you, my dear Joshilyn, your eyebrows are "just fine" now but were much better before. And now that I know that they were NATURAL before I am filled with lust and longing. For your eyebrows, I mean. You see, MY eyebrows are so blonde they are nearly invisible and shapeless. jealousy explains my obsession.

I vote for allowing your eyebrows to return to their previous, VERY LOVELY, natural state.

And kudos to your husband for (a) noticing and (b) being such a clever devil. I think he should be giving husbanding tips!

Posted by wickedmess at July 28, 2009 10:34 AM

WOW, Joss, you look fantastic?! And this is only halfway?!?! I better jump back on that bandwagon. (I KNOW I signed up to be in your posse but then my mother had a triple-bypass and all sorts of crazy exploded so while I have been working out more, I haven't made dietary changes but methinks I definitely need to. Mom's triple-bypass (for the second time) not withstanding an' all.)

Posted by Jess at July 28, 2009 12:29 PM

I am goign to side with Mr. Husband on this one. You are beautiful-- you don't need the eyebrow waxing.

Posted by Jill W. at July 28, 2009 4:45 PM

I think they look lovely! Seriously! Not that there was anything wrong with your *old* eyebrows, but I'm diggin' the pretty arches. :o)

Posted by CityGirl at July 29, 2009 12:15 PM

Please send your husband to my house to give my husband lessons. I can pay for this service in pasta and Monopoly money.

Posted by megan at July 29, 2009 6:10 PM

You look smokin' hot in those pics! Holy schmoley, Joss, just freakin gorgeous!!
And you've inspired me. I've spent the past hour checking out the BetterU site (including watching your video), and I've decided to do it. I keep saying I'm going to do SOMETHING about getting healthy again, but get so dern depressed when that 'perfect body in 7 days' newest fad diet fails, and like you, I gorge myself to dull the guilt (i tend to use salty things like fries though).
But you know, I've got six wonderful reasons and one really great husband as well, so I'm going to go for it.
Thanks for the inspiration, Joss!

Posted by dee at July 29, 2009 8:43 PM

YAY YOU! You look--scratch that, ARE--dynamite!! (Just looked at your before-and-halfway-through pics!)

As for the eyebrows, (sorry!) I too side with Scott. Those perfectly-waxed eyebrows are a little intimidating.

I think Scott gets the award fro "Sweetest of All Possible Sweet Husbands." I don't think there are marriages like yours here in Virginia. I haven't seen or heard of one. Or maybe it's just that the lucky so-and-so's who have wonderful husbands like yours ain't tellin'!

Jennifer

Posted by JMixx at July 30, 2009 9:54 PM

What I'm thinking is it really compliments your thyroid. I'm enamored with your thyroid at this point.

Hey you are a fab international spokesmodel by the way. Congratulations.

Posted by River Jordan at July 31, 2009 12:42 AM

Oh my, it's been eons since I posted a reply here, but here goes. I um...don't hit me, now, but I rather prefer the "before" eyebrows too. They seem somehow peakier, if that's a word, and give your face (in your author photo) a sort of mischievous and spontaneous look. The "after" brows make you look more serious, sort of a "career professional" look. They do look nice, but they're just not what I'm used to. Maybe it's a guy thing.

P.S. You are still pretty! =)

Posted by David at July 31, 2009 8:21 PM

On a totally unrelated note, I just finished reading The Thirteenth Tale, byt somebody Setterfield. If you are the one who mentioned it, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you were not the one, then I highly recommend it!!!

Posted by Judy at August 2, 2009 7:12 PM

Never ever so much as plucked a single eyebrow, either. 45 years old. I've managed to live a fulfilling life, nonetheless. ;-)

Posted by TC at August 3, 2009 6:59 PM