Comments: Mostly About Winning

Congrats to the winners and congrats to you for working out to the maximus while on vacation.

Posted by Nikki at July 6, 2009 4:40 PM

It sounds like you've been doing really well, sun chips, rum cake and marzipan and all! And way to go with incorporating vacation fun in the sun with fitness. Way better than my catastrophic week 5. But today marks a new week, so hurray!

Posted by Cathy at July 6, 2009 9:30 PM

FYI I saw Amy-Go today and she reports that your gluteous maximus is quite minimal. But I can assure you that her comment was merely a footnote in a story about children leaping off a 2-story tall pylon,or something. I don't know.

Posted by Mir at July 6, 2009 9:46 PM

SunChips are actually pretty healthy. Well, they're the healthiest thing in my work vending machine, anyway! Marzipan is made with almonds, and almonds are healthy, right?

And there is something wrong with someone who can turn down rum cake.

Congrats on the surf-based exercise. Those of us exiled to the interior will just have to be admiring and vicariously fit. Although I did start a new portion of my exercise routine in the past two days: I exiled the weights to last evening and did aerobics this morning (Kathy Smith video). The weather staying fairly cool is a HUGE help in this, although I got WAY too warm last evening.

Posted by Diane (TT) at July 7, 2009 3:11 PM

Have a wonderful vacation.

Posted by Linda J at July 7, 2009 4:22 PM

I thought everyone knew calories consumed on vacation don't count!

Have a grand time and know that none of us are extremely jealous -- except of course for those of us who ARE. . .

Posted by Fran at July 8, 2009 12:10 AM

Congratulations to the winners - and Joshilyn, there's something for you over at The Turtle.

Posted by Sandra Leigh at July 8, 2009 8:53 PM

I'm at the beach too! Alas, my workout regime must be confined to sand, as wading past the ankles ends in frostbit toesies (Most certainly NOT having a warm summer in New England!)

And I learned that seafood does not have to be fried to actually taste good! Who'd a thunk it?

Congrats to all winners! And happy vacations to all!

Posted by PattiH at July 8, 2009 9:11 PM

Joshilyn, you were featured on my GoRed email today! congrats. I hope more people jump on the wagon of both heart health and awesome funny Southern writers. Hope you're still having a great time at the beach and not nom-ing too many bon bons.
--Beth