Comments: Picture Pages Part Whatever: A Blog in Images

Oh my LAWD this made me cackle. Thank you Joshilyn for the laughs today of all extra cruddy days. I'm trying to pick a favorite line but I just love the whole thing. Well, maybe "like an alive electric blanket with a gas problem." Teeheee!

Posted by Melinda at June 23, 2009 5:43 PM

And, if you say "THE GIRL WHO STOPPE SOWIMMING" out loud, it comes out with a funny accent automatically!

Posted by Laura at June 23, 2009 6:01 PM

You are far superior to Dippin' Dots, girlfriend.

I'm just sayin'.

My sympathy on the AC. BTDT.

Posted by Jen G. at June 23, 2009 6:59 PM

THAT BABY WAS COATED IN MAGICAL CALORIE-FREE CHOCOLATE. IT WAS NOT MY FAULT.

But yes, clearly, you too can be a size 4 via baby-chomping. Just send $19.95 for my exciting DVD that explains how. (Step 1: Have pretty good genes. Step 2: Eat baby. Step 3: Sell DVDs.)

Posted by Mir at June 23, 2009 9:07 PM

Ooh having read both you and Tana French I have to admit that I like you both so much...Can we all be friends?

Posted by Anna Marie at June 23, 2009 9:23 PM

Yay! Congrats for you!

And kick Boggart in the nads.

Posted by Nikki at June 24, 2009 1:28 AM

But...we had those taken out...

HEY! Perhaps this explains his subsequent aloofness????

Posted by Joshilyn at June 24, 2009 6:06 AM

You took him to the vet for that, didn't you? He equates you with the loss of his dudehood and thus snooglies with dudes to be close to that which he has lost? Hm, and interesting theory. Or he could just be a poopy-headed tom. I'd happily send you my orange boggert, but only because HE WILL NOT leave me alone. We got him too young and I am mother and comfort item to him. I would like to be left alone. Especially as it's hot and cats normal body temp is 102. You do NOT want to snoogle with him. Trust me...

Posted by Jen at June 24, 2009 8:42 AM

YES I DO! that was the kind of tom I was looking for. Most Orange fellas are snooglers. Shall we meet at midnight at a truck stop and trade?

Posted by Joshilyn at June 24, 2009 8:46 AM

Bless your hot heart. Our southern forefathers knew how to build a house for heat--shotgun houses, lots of windows, attic fans, long,deep porches. I grew up in a house with no a/c. . .in north-eastern Louisiana. Well--we had ONE window unit in the living room. We'd "shut off" the rest of the house by closing the hall door but only when Daddy got hot enough to say we could, and he spent most of his time in a boat in the blazing sun, so he didn't get that hot that often. I am sorry you don't have an attic fan. And I think Boggart landed on Scott then melted, 'cause he seems WAY longer and more smooshed than a cat should be.

Posted by Roxanne at June 24, 2009 10:33 AM

My first thought before I saw the pic of Boggart and Scott was that Boggart did it BECAUSE it was hot, and because he was warm and furry and would feel unpleasant in Georgia heat. He's a persnickety little sucker, isn't he?

Can't wait to read The Girl Who Stoppes Dwimming. That's a new one, right? ;)

Posted by Aimee at June 24, 2009 10:48 AM

From one Dave Ramsey follower to another, I am so sorry that Murphy has moved in with you this year! We are just waiting on our downstairs unit to kick it, so my husband has found a place that sells units to the public.

You can get a package unit for around $2,300 (depending on your specs) that you can install yourself. Of course being an engineer and an all-around handy guy, he can do those sorts of things. Do you have any handy man types who could help? It's worth looking into. The place is Ingrams Water and Air. Just add a dot com to the name and you'll find their site. We have a friend who bought one for his house and two for his business. I'm going on his recommendation and promise I am not connected to the company in any way. Good luck!

Posted by Lori at June 24, 2009 12:53 PM

Thanks for the giggles Joshilyn! I needed that today. And thanks for the info Lori! We were told two years ago that our upstairs AC unit MIGHT last two to three more years. Now that we are well and truly broke, I know it's just a matter of time - isn't it always?

Posted by susanvl at June 24, 2009 1:18 PM

I was going to say something snotty about Wisconsin having more coastline than Alabama. Then I remembered that you live in Georgia. Oh well. I suppose it's good for my character to be denied the opportunity for random snottiness.

(I've lived in Wisconsin and Alabama, but I'm really California, thus born with a superiority complex.)

Posted by Gwen at June 24, 2009 4:30 PM

And also, the book is set on the panhandle of FLorida -- which is just a big strip of coast.

BY THE WAY a good third (in fact my favoritre third) of my next book (BACKSEAT SAINTS) is set in your home-birth-state, in the SF Bay area.

Posted by Joshilyn at June 24, 2009 4:41 PM

YOU got your name in lights girl!

Posted by Desi at June 24, 2009 5:46 PM

We saw The Girl Who Stopped Swimming in a book store in Japan. I did not have my phone with me to take a pic and the Gary had the digital, so no pics. It was TOO COOL and congrats on the bestseller post. I told all my FB friends to check out all your books, and a lot have. See how smart people from Alabama are?

Posted by Kim at June 26, 2009 1:38 PM

Go Wisconsin! Woohoo! Madison's just up the road, and right now, winter is just a vaguely pleasant memory. This week we've had 95 degree weather, with humidity making it feel like 100+. It's not fair! We haven't lost our insulating layer of winter fat yet.

Posted by Sandi at June 26, 2009 7:31 PM