Comments: VBS: Today’s theme word is SCREEEEEEE!

You never fail to crack me up!

Posted by lynn henderson at June 17, 2009 7:03 AM

"I am trying to pee around it in a circle and mark it as my territory." Heeee! You are so funny! We don't have VBS at our church, but I know if I say anything, I will suddenly be running an entire VBS program! EEk!

Posted by Melody at June 17, 2009 7:21 AM

Oh, but I LOVE having those bears come up from hell! Please? PLEASE??? I will even shave myself bald to make little children ridicule me if we can get bears to come up from hell and then redirect them to those who really, really need eating...

Posted by rams at June 17, 2009 7:25 AM

Your nose is not big! Which makes it all funnier.

Posted by Melissa D at June 17, 2009 9:21 AM

LOL @ bears coming up from hell. I'll have to remember that one in August when our VBS starts.

My favorite place to be is in the kitchen during VBS. I've commanded the kitchen the last 3 years and this year I'm turning over the reigns.

Posted by Tammy at June 17, 2009 10:16 AM

HA! That's awesome. Although I must ask, is that child from a family full of people with preternaturally tiny noses? Because I don't think yours is large at all.

Posted by Aimee at June 17, 2009 10:42 AM

love, love, love it. But I'm so glad you restrained yourself and didn't tell the little darling about the bears. (so is his mother)

Posted by Michelle M. at June 17, 2009 11:01 AM

ha! It wouldn't be wrong to say that to OUR OWN rude little children, would it?

Posted by Alison at June 17, 2009 11:03 AM

What the heck does that passage mean anyway??? They tore the kids forth from the she-bears? The she-bears tore 42 kids a new hole...???

Posted by JulieB at June 17, 2009 11:15 AM

Most importantly--for a person on a restricted-fat, restricted-calorie, healthy! healthy! healthy! diet--was there any porridge involved????

(Some smart-alecky part of me wants to comment that the forty-two who got torn by the she-bears were the ones who ran the slowest in Recreation at VBS, but that's just NOT FUNNY.)

You, however, are funny. And you DO NOT EITHER have a big nose. Kids are just odd creatures.

Jennifer

Posted by JMixx at June 17, 2009 1:37 PM

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! VBS is hell anyway, so what you're saying is that she-bears came out of the nursery? With paws full of diapers and covered in macaroni?

Thank you for this. I needed that laugh. For the record? I would not have been able to resist scaring the little guy. WOULD. NOT.

Posted by tuney at June 17, 2009 2:02 PM

That does sound like fun. I bet the teachers in the sessions after you love you dearly for "getting the mulligans out".

Posted by Holly at June 17, 2009 2:07 PM

JMixx, it is TOO funny!

Posted by rams at June 17, 2009 2:14 PM

I have not even gotten past THIS line yet. . ."It’s like SUPER cheap day camp with Jesus,". . .this is gonna be good.

Posted by Roxanne at June 17, 2009 5:49 PM

When I did after-school daycare, we actually did play a game called "Running and Screaming", which is, well, exactly what it sounds like. This one little girl nearly broke my eardrums every time :P

Posted by Heather at June 17, 2009 6:56 PM

OH. MY. WORD. This story is only made funnier by the fact that you do not have a big nose and that you refrained from responding with the TOO FUNNY comment. If you had said that to someone's kid, it would equal NOT FUNNY, just WEIRD.

Posted by Cindy Ericsson at June 17, 2009 10:19 PM

I love that you call Christmas, Easter families Holly-Lilies...that's so much nicer than the term my family uses...twotimers! I am stealing the holly-lilies for all Canadians.

Anette, an Alberta Baptist

Posted by Anette at June 18, 2009 1:17 AM

Next week is our VBS and I decided to volunteer. I'll be one of the ones herding kids towards their next goal in an effort to get them to MAKE and LEARN and RUNRUNRUN. I'm glad you're having such a good time. I kinda can't wait for my "your nose is big" story.

Keep up the good GoRed! work!

Posted by Nikki at June 18, 2009 1:34 AM

I can't say anything about VBS but when I was little, I attended went to summer camp at a Catholic high school that was run by a resident order of nuns. The grounds were on the side of one of the biggest hills in the area and it always seemed like activities were scheduled to ensure the most trekking up and down the hill on the part of the campers. Methinks that is the Salesian version of RUNRUNRUNSCREAMSCREAM.

Posted by Dani at June 18, 2009 11:15 AM

This sounds so good. We didn't have anything like that; the nearest equivalent was going on a CAYA march (Catholic Association for Young Adults) and finding that the team behind us had made their banner too wide to get through the church doors, and instead of proudly proclaiming their diocese as HARTLEPOOL as intended, they had to roll up and process as ARTLEPOO instead.

We were not too old to find this hilarious.

Posted by Liz at June 18, 2009 4:48 PM

Do the hell bears eat rude, mean adults too? If so, then bring them on and I'll bring you a list of mean, evil, deserve to be eaten by hell bears adults.

Posted by Debra at June 18, 2009 8:46 PM

So, I'm a teacher. One of my kids was going through my recycling bin, looking for something he'd tossed the day before and now realized he still needed, and found something another kid had done. He interrupted a conversation I was having to tell me about it.

"Um, Ms. Teachin'?"

“What’s up?”

“We just found a picture of you in here and it says on it that Ms. Teachin’ is a big fat meanie.”

I laughed. “Well, you know, I AM a meanie.”

He looked at me and very earnestly said, “Yeah, but you’re not FAT."

AWESOME. I smiled and thanked him (and frankly, I"m proud that I'm enough of a recycling zealot that whoever wrote the message at least thought about the future of the trees in disposing of it).

Kids rock.