Comments: The Mutant Chicken Child of Joyce Carol Oates

*screams like a little school girl*
EEEEEEEEEE!!!

Congrats! or.. well, Happy Belated Congrats!

Posted by Klint at August 26, 2004 9:00 AM

*snort*

Posted by Heather at August 26, 2004 10:04 AM

You know, I didn't believe the sonogram technician when she said the baby was a girl, even though I had felt deep down she was a girl, and then one day when she was born...she was a girl! Same thing, right? :D

CONGRATS!!!!

Posted by AGK at August 26, 2004 12:05 PM

You are soooo funny!! *going to change my wet clothes now* hehe

Posted by Hope Wilbanks at August 26, 2004 1:23 PM

Well, um, congrats and all that... and for a chicken... you are amazingly prolific. I guess you take after your mom's side of the family.

Posted by Mir at August 26, 2004 4:44 PM

Ok, this is NOT THE POINT (the point being you are a lovely, lovely offspring of chicken and JCO), but this entry? In twenty minutes? Hmmmmm? If you laugh as hard at yourself as I do (and GIRL, I suspect you do), this took longer than 20 minutes.
AM I RIGHT? IS THERE A PRIZE?

Posted by Kira at August 27, 2004 11:12 AM

That's fabulous about the audio book! Do you believe it now? The reality of it? We'll keep congratulating you until it sinks in, ok?

(from a fellow Momwriter-love your posts there too)

Posted by Marcia at August 28, 2004 3:05 PM

Why is it that when you edit me for your blog I always come off sounding like such a D O P E ?
PS the game is not figuring out if someone might say it simultaneously but can you think of an utterance, can you idenfity your own utterances, which are so completely specific that no one could POSSIBLY have said them before, and then the other person tries to deflate that, by suggesting another situation in which the utterance might be uttered. Which is, essentially, what you did, after I said the dopey thing that WASN'T EVEN REALLY THE GAME. Pie in my eye.

Love,
FIE

PS Just setting the record dogfood. Good thing you moved, your new pocket doors have been calling me up WHINGING about how you cometh not.

Posted by WhyDaddyWhy at August 28, 2004 10:52 PM