Comments: Winners (and Line Edit Losers)

Happy Anniversary! Best wishes for many more years of bliss for both of you.

Good luck with the line edit agony. I struggle less with choosing among good words than with a situation like your final result: initial choices merely approximate my intention, and sometimes I find the real words and meaning and sometimes I don't. Peace and serenity to you!

Posted by Diane (TT) at May 24, 2009 4:53 PM

Holy cats! I was commenter #76! I WON! I'm thrilled to bits. I'd like to thank the Academy, my dog groomer, and the random roller that rocked out my comment number.

I'll email my address right away.

THANK YOU!!!

Posted by Vicki at May 24, 2009 4:54 PM

Woo hoo!

Posted by Katie B at May 24, 2009 5:00 PM

Line editing sounds like a wee bit of a pain in the patoot :P Good luck with that. And congrats to the winners! :)

Posted by Heather at May 24, 2009 5:13 PM

I signed up for Better U. This has been nagging at the back of my mind since I read your post on Facebook. So I sent an EMAIL to my DOCTOR (did you know you can email your doctor? I didn't either) and said I needed to get my bloodwork done and she said, "Sure!" I am not sure I am going to blog this, but I will try to do it. Make better choices. Thanks, J. (Getting those line edits done is good for the rest of us, too. We will have a new book to read...SOON).

Posted by Kay T at May 24, 2009 5:36 PM

Happy Anniversary! Also, wow, the Shakespeare Tavern looks like a pile of excellent. What a brilliant idea.

Posted by Rachel at May 24, 2009 5:52 PM

Happy anniversary!
And... Thanks for the reccomendation of The Girl She Used to Be. GREAT READ! I loved it!

Posted by Rene at May 24, 2009 6:00 PM

Happy Anniversary, Joshilyn. I'll go sign up right away.

Posted by Sandra Leigh at May 24, 2009 6:23 PM

Hmmmm. I have a problem. BetterU wants me to be an
American. I wonder whether I can follow the program at second hand through your blog and that of the other Spokesmodels.

Posted by Sandra Leigh at May 24, 2009 6:39 PM

Happy anniversary, and many more!

Posted by ccr in MA at May 24, 2009 7:11 PM

happy anniversary! very smart to marry near a holiday weekend, that way you've always got a three day weekend close by to celebrate.

Posted by elizabeth at May 24, 2009 9:52 PM

Happy Anniversary!

Just signed up for BetterU and added you as a friend. Are we all waiting to start until June 1?

Nervously looking forward to this.

Oh, and they called you happy-go-lucky. You didn't get to write your own bio, did you?

Posted by Jen at May 24, 2009 10:05 PM

Happy, happy anniversary, to you and to Mr. Husband!!

I signed up for the BetterU program, and have been slowly gathering all my info...

K, no Poppins-ing. Better health! Improvement! Decreased waist size and risk!

Congrats to the book winners!! I still haven't read TGWSS; I got my ordered copy just before Mother's Day, and what better gift for my dear step-Mom? So I have to get out to the store for another copy...unless there is a chance of one of the upcoming contests being for a signed copy...?

Jennifer

Posted by JMixx at May 25, 2009 1:51 AM

TGWSS "officially" releases tomorrow, although you can find it out in some stores already--- a lot of B and Ns seem to have it out a little eary...So no, if you were planning to buy TGWSS, please do not wait. In this business, sales in the first few weeks after release REALLY matter---they decide whether the book is seen is successful and worthy of more time at the front of store where readers unfamiliar with my work might find it, or...not. And THAT influences what happens to the NEXT book and the next and so on.

If by chance I DO have a contest for TGWSS and you win one, a signed book makes a GREAT present!

Joshilyn

Posted by Joshilyn at May 25, 2009 6:48 AM

Well I'm in Morocco and your books aren't for sale here. So I think you should send me one :) I'll even review it online.

Ok I'll stop shamelessly begging. I really just meant to say "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" but then I got sidetracked by explaining why I can't help your sales by buying your book at a bookstore. (And amazon doesn't like to ship to Africa)

Posted by edj at May 25, 2009 9:53 AM

Keep your eyes peeled -- I've gotten more than one letter from people who ran across my books for sale in Africa. And by more than one, I mean, er....two. Exactly two. So. Maybe not. *grin*

Posted by Joshilyn at May 25, 2009 10:20 AM

CONGRATULATIONS to both Mr. Husband and you, Sweet Peach! Oh, congratulations indeed!

Now get goin' with those line edits because we are quite literally dying by inches for "Backseat Saints", and that's not a good way to lose weight!

(Aside to edj: the shop I work for, Seattle Mystery Bookshop, ships all over the world -- including Africa -- and we always have Joshilyn's books on hand, including some signed hardcovers. Just email us)

Congratulations once again!

Posted by Fran at May 25, 2009 2:28 PM

That is exactly how I do line edits.

Posted by alala at May 25, 2009 4:42 PM

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! My husband and I just had our 15th on May 21st.

Posted by Jen at May 26, 2009 7:06 AM

Oh my gosh -- happy belated anniversary!

Posted by Aimee at May 26, 2009 11:24 AM