Comments: BitterBitterBitter

I just started watching Life a few months ago. All because of your recommendation. And now it's gone? So sad. I guess it's better to have loved and lost and all that, but still, now I think the sight of exotic fruit may make me all weepy.

Posted by Jessica at May 15, 2009 8:12 AM

But... but... CSI: Miame is excellent when your brain is already full, seeing as how it doesn't require any additional brain space.

Posted by Mir at May 15, 2009 8:39 AM

Not Dollhouse. Please, please--not Dollhouse. It is full of Joss Whedon brilliance and humor.

Posted by Melissa at May 15, 2009 8:48 AM

No more Life and the lovely Damien? Well just {insert lots of words that shouldn't be only public blogs here}.

What is wrong with good, smart TV? Enough with the eleventy-seven CSI's and Law and Orders and reality drivel already!

Posted by Mel at May 15, 2009 9:12 AM

I also started watching on your rec. This makes me mad enough to kill someone by punching his larynx.

Posted by Melissa D at May 15, 2009 9:17 AM

Speaking of meth and great TV...you should watch Breaking Bad! Very very good. It will not, however, make you feel better about the human race.

Posted by Katie B at May 15, 2009 9:17 AM

ARGH! I LOVE that show. Why why why do all the really great, smart, funny shows end up cancelled? You know what? I'm still in mourning for Matthew Perry's show "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip".

CSI can Suck It.

Posted by Anna Marie at May 15, 2009 9:50 AM

My husband and I are really disappointed as well, it's one of our fav shows. But then again, so is Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies, Joan of Arcadia, Wonderfalls, Firefly... the list could go on. The really smart, witty shows are always the ones that get cancelled. I truly think it's a sign that the general population is just really stupid and doesn't know good when they see it.

Posted by Amanda at May 15, 2009 10:14 AM

Preach it, sister! I'm still upset over the cancellation of MIRACLES which featured the delectable Angus Macfadyen, and that was EONS ago, when the world and I were young.

Don't even get me started about PUSHING DAISIES. Do. Not.

Posted by Badger at May 15, 2009 10:16 AM

Get back at 'em: Turn off the TV and tell them so and why. Hold them hostage for their decision.

Posted by hollygee at May 15, 2009 10:17 AM

If I love a show, it's doomed. Every time. But if I think it sucks, it will be on FOREVER. For instance, Firefly? Gone. But Survivor? I will DIE with "the tribe has spoken" ringing in my ears. BLECH.
America is clearly going to Hell...

And I love Dollhouse. Sorry about that.

Posted by Amy-Go at May 15, 2009 10:21 AM

Unfortunately I never got a chance to catch 'Life' on tv. Dollhouse has it's pluses definitely. CSI Miami? Freaking unreal how that show keeps going and going like the Energizer Bunny on one liners.

I need something to challenge my thought processes. Not bikini clad all is beautiful in the world scenery with - oh gosh darn it's a murder people. Sadly tv is going the way of VCR's not worth alot. (Hugs)Indigo

Posted by Indigo at May 15, 2009 10:44 AM

See, THIS is why I avoid television altogether.

Posted by Jess at May 15, 2009 10:47 AM

This? Is the story of my life. Almost everything I like gets canceled.

Posted by Aimee at May 15, 2009 10:55 AM

My sympathies on the cancellation of LIFE. I will now wait for it to come out on DVD, as I do with every show (My So-Called Life, Freaks and Geeks...)that is great and gets canceled and then goes on to have a second life in our great digital age.

I know it may be too soon in the grieving process for you to consider another show, but when you are ready, you might look into the DVD set of SLINGS AND ARROWS. I think you'd like it.

Posted by elswhere at May 15, 2009 11:11 AM

I am sooooooo bummed. I loved that show. On the good side, season 1 is out on DVD. I almost had to rent it because there was such a long long time between seasons thank you writer's strike. A show that was well written, thoughtful, interesting and you NEVER KNEW WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT and it is gone. And I hate CSI Miami. I want him to really get shot (the character) It sucks so bad and everyone is so busy being Kool that it's amazing they ever solve anything. I loved Charlie and his strange cars. And the fruit. and the zen thing.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Peggy in Tulsa at May 15, 2009 12:27 PM

I never caught an episode of Life, but I am sad that TNT cancelled Trust Me. Such smart writing and great cast. Urgh

I nearly broke my wrist in my rush to snap it up, but I was THRILLED this morning to snag a hardcover copy of Gods in Alabama at Goodwill. I have been wanting to reread it and see what I may have missed. I am not bitterbitterbitter due to this gift! :)

Posted by Andrea at May 15, 2009 12:38 PM

But Joshilyn, if they cancel CSI Miami then they cannot continue the franchise of successful, copycat serial dramas.

Our future would bereft of the following future hits: CSI: Kalamazoo, CSI: Villa Rica, GA and CSI: The West side of Dayton, OH, just past the train tracks but not quite to Drexel.

I have requested Dollhouse to be picked for a second season as my birthday present. My people have assured me they are working on it. So you can rest easy on that one.

N@

Posted by Nicole Amsler at May 15, 2009 12:41 PM

So sad. I miss Pushing Daisies, I'll miss Life, I just don't even watch much TV any more at all because they don't have any appreciation for the good. But Serenity was on SciFi last night and I got to stay up late and watch it. At least there's good Joss on DVD...

Posted by Jen at May 15, 2009 1:24 PM

Freaks and Geeks? gone. Sports Night? gone. Studio 60? gone. Pushing Daisies? gone.

Two and a Half Men? Massive hit.

there is no justice...

Posted by Laura at May 15, 2009 2:01 PM

I totally agree! And Mir, I don't know you, and while I'm sure you are a lovely person, you are wrong about CSI Miami. CSI original flavor is awesome, and CSI NY is a perfectly acceptable substitute, but CSI Miami is like a crap fest of people who cannot act - lead by the biggest waste of screen time ever, David Caruso. I sincerely think he is responsible for the deadened acting of the whole cast, and if he were to be replaced (perhaps Grissom has retired in FL and can fill in occassionally?) then perhaps the show would be worth redemption. My only consolation now that Life has been cancelled is that I don't have three different shows to watch all at the same time when my DVR can only handle two. Small comfort. As for Fridays - SAVE DOLLHOUSE!!!! Aren't there any other oldish people who no longer hit the bars out there watching tv on the weekends? Why are there no good shows for us? please don't cancel my only Friday night viewing!

Posted by lonek8 at May 15, 2009 4:00 PM

Ugh! I love Life! And I watch Dollhouse and The Unusuals!!! Crap weasels!

Posted by bridget at May 15, 2009 4:16 PM

Oh no not the Unusuals. ARRRRRRRggggghhhhh.

Posted by Cele at May 15, 2009 5:02 PM

I don't understand how crap like CSI Miami gets ratings. Where are the Networks getting this information?? Do they even watch the shows they air?

Posted by Jocelin at May 15, 2009 6:37 PM

I'm sorry, I have to admit I watch CSI:Miami. Because like Mir said, it's great when your brain is already full.

Posted by Heather at May 15, 2009 8:43 PM

I haven't seen this show but I remember you talking about how good it is. Or was. Oops, sorry.

Posted by Justice Jonesie at May 15, 2009 9:40 PM

DOLLHOUSE HAS BEEN RENEWED! www.dollverse.net

Posted by Gwen at May 15, 2009 9:46 PM

wait make that www.dollverse.COM hehe woops i was too excited

Posted by Gwen at May 15, 2009 9:48 PM

OMG, Gwen! You have made my crap-tastically crappy day!
Sorry about Life, Joss - I never managed to catch that show, altho I did start watching Dollhouse on your recommendation. And it's been renewed!!! Yay-ness!

Posted by Tina at May 15, 2009 10:58 PM

I am so sorry about Life. Some things shouldn't end.I only saw a couple of episodes, but it was verifiably excellent.

Some things should end. Like CSI Miami. Original CSI? Awesome. Miami? Pure garbage. I'd rather see CSI:Kalamazoo (or maybe CSI: Boise).

You SERIOUSLY SCARED ME about Dollhouse. I NEED for Dollhouse to continue.

Jennifer

Posted by JMixx at May 16, 2009 1:46 AM

I have DVR'd every episode of Life since the second one (and it pains me to not have the first). I don't delete the episodes after viewing, so at least I can go back and watch Life pass before my eyes again. The other one I don't delete is Castle, which isn't great, but it has moments (especially between Castle and his daughter). Plus I love Nathan Fillion. CSI Miami fills me with loathing. I even mute the commercials because I hate Caruso so much. With the exception of Miami, though, the shows I most hate are the psuedo-reality shows. My guilty pleasure is America's Next Top Model, but the rest of the reality shows are a waste of time and brain power. They're cheap, though, so they'll never go away.

Posted by Sandi at May 16, 2009 7:01 AM

A little cheer for you -- just read that Dollhouse has been renewed -- Yeah!
Couldn't agree with you more about CSI Miami.

Posted by Michelle at May 16, 2009 7:47 AM

Oh yes, please don't cancel CASTLE either - Nathan Fillion is yum, and I really think the relationships are getting more fun each episode

Posted by lonek8 at May 16, 2009 11:44 AM

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!! My TV boyfriend, Charlie, gone???? I hate the networks. HATE THEM.

Posted by Becca at May 16, 2009 4:26 PM

One tiny spark of hope? (Nothing to do with the networks, of course)

NOVA survives!

Posted by JMixx at May 16, 2009 8:31 PM

Dollhouse has been renewed -- Wohoo!!!!

Posted by Terri at May 17, 2009 8:20 AM

I remember feeling this way when they canceled My So-Called Life and Joan of Arcadia.

Posted by Heather Cook at May 17, 2009 11:28 AM

With you on the dreckiness of CSI Miami. Unfortunately, I have a mother that is addicted to it. Whenever I go home, the return of her "elder lemming" (as she calls me), is ignored whenever there's a Horatio-sighting somewhere in TV Land.
It's a shame about LIFE, I really enjoyed what I saw of it (first season). But I'm mega-happy about more Dollhouse.
I do not know these UNUSUALS of which you type. I shall go find out about them though....

Posted by Rompompom at May 18, 2009 4:57 AM

I feel your pain......*sniffle*

Posted by Kathy at May 18, 2009 1:32 PM

WHAT. I am SO UPSET. I only watch Life (because I love it) and Grey's Anatomy (because my daughter insists). I am OUTRAGED.

Posted by Rikki at May 18, 2009 5:01 PM

I'm still grieving The Black Donnellys and Pushing Daisies.

Blah.

Posted by Lisa Milton at May 18, 2009 5:20 PM

...and i loved being able to say I LOVE LIFE or ISN'T LIFE GOOD?especially on those days when maybe mine wasn't doin so hot! i could always have LIFE and now what?

Posted by TRACI at May 18, 2009 6:03 PM

Amen sista -- CSI Miami sucks so bad...Did you ever notice how red (I can call him that being a red head myself) never looks at the camera straight on... it makes me think he's hiding something - a gross scar perhaps... acid drops maybe??? It makes me wonder - but not enough to watch, unless I am dropping by to make fun of the beautiful people. Like CSI's are that pretty and wear high fashion to work. P L E A S E.

As for Life - loved it. So sad... I am sick of reality TV drivel. Save us from ourselves TV Gods!

Posted by Les at May 19, 2009 12:09 AM

OOH! I'm watching the pilot episode of Glee, and I had to come back to this thread to say "Watch it!" It probably won't last long.

Posted by Sandi at May 19, 2009 9:35 PM