Comments: Potty Talk (or, Three Coversations about Toilets)

You're right, Joshilyn. The miso is just a little too graphic. btw, I've never heard of water wigglers before. Do you put them on the ends of your fingers and then wiggle them around in the water? If not, what are they for?

What happened to Conversation III? Was it too racy for prime time?

Posted by Sandra Leigh at April 29, 2009 11:08 AM

Oh, that's weird. Now there is a Conversation III. I must have been having one of my double vision episodes.

Posted by Sandra Leigh at April 29, 2009 11:09 AM

I'm sorry. ButMexicoisinAmerica. So sorry. I feel so much better now.

Posted by hollygee at April 29, 2009 12:18 PM

I'm not sure, but I think now I know what happened to Jimmy Hoffa.

And just think what a modern-day illegal Canadian toilet could do, if these wimpy lo-flow jobs can do all that. /notsosubtlehint

Posted by Ray at April 29, 2009 12:38 PM

My husband used to be a plumber. His name is Kevin. His new name is Toilet Man, until he threatens to flush me anyway.

Posted by Michelle at April 29, 2009 1:19 PM

What's with the Musak? Is it supposed to make the miso more palatable? And why are there flushing championships? I think my world has been broadened in ways I never fathomed . . .

By the way, that video reminds me a bit of the "Will It Blend?" Youtube series. Those are fun. My favorite, I think, is the Rubik's cube. But he has golf balls, too.

Posted by Mel at April 29, 2009 3:11 PM

This entire post is disturbing. But I'm glad you've got functioning toilets. That's a good thing.

Posted by Jen at April 29, 2009 4:03 PM

What I find most disturbing is that the water in the toilet seems to jump up a bit when it is first flushed, as if there is a tiny backflow at the beginning to start the massive sucking action that can pull down all that ... miso.

Posted by Diane at April 29, 2009 5:25 PM

Wow. Some people are very committed to flushing things down toilets, no? I do see your point about the possum though. Golf balls? Not so much.

We have a new low-flow toilet too, and I have to say it is quite a bit better than the old toilet, which was also low-flow but utterly useless. I don't know if it's from Mexico, but it seems likely as we are only about 20 miles from the border here.

Posted by Aimee at April 29, 2009 6:03 PM

Holly got there first, but I am reiterating: Mexico is part of America. (And for the record, so are Belize, Cuba, Honduras, and the rest of those warm countries that are north of the Panama Canal. And Canada--not so warm, but still a big hunk of the continent.) Also, it wouldn't be so bad to have American Standard toilets made in England, because they are good with porcelain, or a china bowl made in China.

Posted by JenK at April 29, 2009 6:50 PM

AKSHULLY, Mexico is part of North America. "America" alone is a common moniker for the U.S.A. Not to be a pedant, or anything.

Posted by Jill at April 29, 2009 7:10 PM

What Jill said.
Also "Mexico is in The Americas" is correct.

Love,
PEDANT AND PROUD.

Posted by Joshilyn at April 29, 2009 7:21 PM

Is all that stuff supposed to be simulating poops? That is disturbing.

It just occured to me that Simulating Poops might be a good name for a band.

Posted by Melisa at April 29, 2009 10:08 PM

Impressive video... the water wigglers were the best!

Posted by Mary Jo at April 29, 2009 10:29 PM

I am very disturbed by the Miso.... I also wonder how many times Toilet Man will be comming back to YOUR house.

Posted by Lia at April 30, 2009 2:46 AM

Better than all the American flags that are now "Made in China".

Maybe all the posessors of dead possums are saving them for the "roast opossum" recipe that I actually have in one of my cookbooks (NO, I have not tried it!). Bleh!

Posted by Brigitte at April 30, 2009 5:29 AM

The miso was very disturbing. (Why don't they just come right out and say "Go ahead, eat whatever you want, this toilet can handle a doody!")

Posted by jenn at April 30, 2009 8:06 AM

Miso: disturbing.
"Will it Blend?": Check out the iPhone.
Musak: Catchy, but the "Will it Blend?" theme song is better. :)

Posted by JuliB at April 30, 2009 10:18 AM

There is some wierd stuff floating around somewhere!

Posted by Jane at April 30, 2009 12:31 PM

That is a disturbing video. I'm glad my children are beyond the age of flushing things now!

Posted by Tonya at April 30, 2009 2:37 PM

I am officially disturbed, and a teeny bit morose, having clicked thru the vid links and found one flushing plushies. Those poor, innocent stuffed animals did NOTHING to deserve such a horrible fate! Their eyes! OMG, their EYES!!!

Posted by tuney at April 30, 2009 6:43 PM

I just tried to read this to my husband. It took fifteen minutes because I was laughing so hard.

Tears. TEARS! Running down my face.

Oh. Oh.

Must go find tissues. My sides hurt.

Aliens! Hatch!

GAH.

Posted by paige at April 30, 2009 8:39 PM

i feel for ya. we had to get a new potty when beach blanket barbie got an accidental flusheroo....

Posted by dramamama at April 30, 2009 9:49 PM

Since when does 40 FEET of potty paper look like that????? Thanks to little hands one roll fills my bowl!!!!

Posted by Linda J at May 2, 2009 11:54 AM

You are hilarious! I came by way of " A Bookworms World" and yes, I will say I was trying to win a copy of your book from over there (no shame, can you tell).

Either way, I haven't been so entertained by an episode with the Toilet Man since my home improvement disasters this past summer. Getting to see this side of you makes me want to read you that much more. (Hugs)Indigo

Posted by Indigo at May 5, 2009 4:25 PM