Comments: Millionth Verse Same As The Other Verses (and all verses apparently come with butter)

While you're there, lose a few pounds for me, too!

Just finished Btw, GA - loved it!

Posted by 5elementknitr at April 26, 2009 5:49 PM

"...probably likes to sex up beetles"?! "Beetle pervert"?!?!!

I would very much like to see inside your brain sometimes, but it sort of scares me other times.

I'm there with you on the "being a better person" being mixed up with "losing weight." I'm trying to figure out how much they really actually ARE tied together. Keeping my head together = being productive + exercising = not piggling* = weight loss.

*Piggle - a word coined by my cousin that means to indulge gratuitously in food that is generally not recognized as an acceptable food in and of itself. For example, sweetened condensed milk. On a spoon.

Posted by Sandi at April 26, 2009 6:14 PM

I have it on good authority that eating marathon runners is analogous to eating a ship's hawser. That is to say, ropy and stringy and generally not yummy. Having equated being a "better person" with a ONE TRUE NUMBER for most of my life, I'd be glad to whine with you. I must tell you that I have been a very BAD person for at least 8 years now-meaning, of course, that the ONE TRUE NUMBER has eluded me at least that long. That I'm admitting to.

Posted by Chrissie at April 26, 2009 7:55 PM

The ONE-TRUE-NUMBER appeared on our family scale when I was .... I dunno, 12 probably.

And I'm sure it was the correct ONE-TRUE-NUMBER for my future 18 y/o self.

Once - in college (of all places) I came within 10 pounds of the ONE-TRUE-NUMBER. But I scared it off. That is why I haven't developed a plan for world peace. *nodsnodsnods*

So I will whine with you too. And eat Peeps-cakes and all that other bad stuff for you. So you can be virtuous and godly. And I can be lazy.

My gift to you. No charge! :)

Posted by Mit at April 26, 2009 9:09 PM

My scale is not exactly accurate,but in its defense, I must say that it is open to negotiation. I have gotten four different results by stepping on the scale four times in two minutes. I generally go with the (mean) average, but on bad days I've been known to accept the lowest score. Even that doesn't come close to the One True Number. Of course, I've long since forgotten what the One True Number is.

Posted by Sandra Leigh at April 26, 2009 10:53 PM

I feel for you. Of course, as a means of self-torture, I still have my college jeans from over 20 years ago, and I now can't even get them past my calves. It is too late for me, but perhaps you can stem your fat-tide before it becomes too late for you!

If you want to perpetrate cannibalism on the way to the airport, you can combine it with becoming a better person by consuming the ones who make you angry. Surely removing them from the gene pool will make the world a better place!

Posted by Brigitte at April 27, 2009 6:12 AM

Ooh, and Sandi, I thought I was the only one with the freaky fondness for sweetened condensed milk! ;-)

Posted by Brigitte at April 27, 2009 6:12 AM

Being 10 lbs overweight does not make you a bad person. If overweight were to equal depth of badness I would be doing time in a jail with a cellmate named Miss Sadie. I believe you are a fun person, a fabulous mom, an insightful and engaging writer, and an asset to the human race regardless of what dimensions your physical being occupies.

Posted by parrotzmom at April 27, 2009 8:22 AM

I have decided that all scales lie. So I don't care what they say. The waistband of my jeans, however, is a fanatical truth-telling goody-two-shoes who takes great pleasure in making me cry. So to avoid it I'm thinking of wearing nothing but MuMuu's all summer...

WHAT? It makes perfect sense to me.

Posted by Amy-Go at April 27, 2009 9:55 AM

Is there thin to be had in Dallas? Because if so, get me on a plane, y'all!

Posted by Em at April 27, 2009 2:00 PM

Also, I have a scary, ugly feeling that your fat jeans have the same number in the back of them as my goal jeans do.

Posted by Em at April 27, 2009 2:03 PM

I can't wait to find out what you are doing in Dallas, because here I am in Fort Worth and I wouldn't have to fly there to lose wei--I mean, be a better person.

Posted by Alison at April 27, 2009 3:03 PM

I am getting to be a better person via braces on my teeth. (I waited 50 years for this??) Living on soup is making me less of a bigbutt by 1.5 pounds so far in less than a week. I'm hoping this continues. Then again, I'm already sick of soup...

And don't bother with the marathon runners. I've heard they're tough. And give you the runs. (er, sorry.)

Posted by Lulu at April 27, 2009 3:39 PM

Lulu - the runs....hilarious.

I guess you'd have to catch the runner in order to eat him/her. Eek. That's like, like...
exercise!