Comments: The Monster(s) in the Closet

Sounds like a prom dress for Maisy when she hits highschool !! :P

Posted by Lia at April 13, 2009 11:25 AM

I need to get some magically reproducing black slingbacks in my closet. All my black shoes look like they have been through a war and every time I go to buy new ones I get distracted by something in a pretty color (generally orange) that is far too on sale to pass up.

Posted by Dani at April 13, 2009 11:30 AM

That blue dress reminds me of something my sister-in-law received at a bridal shower. It was the most hideous bile-green nightgown you could ever imagine. We named it "the prophylactic nightie".

Posted by catherino at April 13, 2009 11:38 AM

I'm going to try peep and peanut butter sandwiches! Sounds awesome...

And I think cable knit sweaters are making a comeback. I learned this just after I donated all of mine from 2 decades ago.

I'm thinking that I should be inspired by all of your cleaning to get to work in my own house, but so far have only gotten so far as perusing my favorite blogs and facebook, while nibbling on Easter chocolates.

Posted by Carol at April 13, 2009 12:50 PM

Can I just say that I love Maisy? She is too
adorable for words!

Posted by Michelle at April 13, 2009 1:26 PM

I'm impressed by Maisy's skill at plot development.

Posted by Jan in Norman, OK at April 13, 2009 4:32 PM

The best use for a horrendous bridesmaid's ensemble I ever saw was years ago. A local newspaper was having one of their buy-a-newspaper, make-a-donation-to-charity days and one of the volunteer paper vendors was wearing a satin dress and dyed-to-match pumps she'd obviously worn to be in someone's wedding. It's always cold when they do those fund drives (makes you buy a paper simply out of pity), so I hope she had long underwear under it, but damn, she sure stuck out from the rest of the crowd!

Posted by Eleanor at April 13, 2009 4:37 PM

Okay. I've been a reader here a long time, right? Are you seriously telling me that you're not sure how you got a lot of SHOES? Hmmm... let me think. Think, think, thinkthinkthink.

Shoes and Joss, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

Posted by Aimee at April 13, 2009 5:58 PM

Maybe the DEMONS in the closet made the blue peep sandwich? LOLOLOL YUCK - I have to say that is beyond not appetizing LOLOLOL

Posted by Jill Cooper at April 13, 2009 7:46 PM

Ahh. I would much rather read about you Not Cleaning than finish my own cleaning. Thank you.
I had an electric blue dress for Homecoming, 1982. I made my mom proud, yes I did.

Posted by JulieB at April 13, 2009 8:34 PM

Okay, things got really, really funny as the post progressed, and I almost forgot to ask the question that popped into my head at the beginning: Why, oh why, would you try to deep fry a peep? Eeeewwww. (I mean this in the most non-judgmental way, of course.) But really. Why? ;>)

Posted by Sandra Leigh at April 13, 2009 11:22 PM

That Maisy story should SO go into a box marked "things to bring up at Maisy's rehearsal dinner." Just sayin'.

Posted by Amy-Go at April 14, 2009 9:39 AM

Love Maisy. Love you. HATE that sandwich--sorry. Ugh. Maybe you could use it to kill a character in your next novel? You know, slip some arsenic into the pb & peeps. . .

Posted by Roxanne at April 14, 2009 11:19 AM

Hah! I love the Peep sandwich. I used my little kitchen torch on some Peeps to give them a bit of a "creme brulee" effect. It was a bit disappointing.

Posted by Lindsey at April 14, 2009 12:07 PM

A pb and peep sandwich doesn't sound all that different from a "Fluffernutter"--pb and marshmallow Fluff--sandwich; we've been eating them for years at my house! Ya got yer whole-grain bread fer carbs, yer pb for protein, and yer dessert (sweet, squooshy Fluff!); it's almost an entire balanced meal, right in your hand! All you need to add is the vegetables! Asparagus, anyone?

Maisy instinctively understands the "Rule of Threes," which is also revered in comedy. She must get her smarts from you.

Aaand, I prolonged "gods in Alabama" for as long as I could, but I have now finished it. I am so disappointed for it to be over!! I forced myself to read only small bits at a time, the same way I consume a Fudge Torte, but the rich, chocolatey ending had to happen sometime. And the days in-between, while I was at work, were delicious torment. What if....?? What will...?? How...?? Will...?? (Okay, I really CAN'T be more circumspect than that!:-))

Please, oh please--write faster!

Jennifer

Posted by Jennifer at April 14, 2009 1:27 PM

Never fear, pretty Joss. Your Goodwilled dress has doubtless been picked up by a college student attending an '80s themed party.

And your Best Beloveds are SO DAMNED FUNNY in the comments! PROPHYLACTIC NIGHTIE!!! Hysterical.

Posted by Erin at April 14, 2009 1:43 PM

So when do we get to see the illustrations to Maisy's masterpiece?

My son loves the PB & blue peeps sandwich idea. I suspect there may be one in his lunch tomorrow.

Posted by Terri at April 14, 2009 6:13 PM

Yes, can we please see Anna's garden-hose lashes (they must look like that because poor Mommy has no arms to wash Anna's face)??

Posted by Jennifer at April 15, 2009 9:21 AM

I am seriously worried about you my friend. Fried blue dyed peeps has clogged your synapes so badly you ask (in all seriousness)"How did I end up with umpty thousand pairs?"

Seriously - Karen, Amy, Mir, and a bushel of Georgia peaches can tell you and everyone else how Joss (yeah you) can wax rapturously poetic over a pair of Jimmy Choo's, just before you swoon from deprivation of suede wedgies.

On the other hand, Maisy will soon be on the NY Best sellers list for children's literature and keep you happily in shoes and the personal stylist to over see and inventory your addiction, err I mean passion.

Posted by Cele at April 17, 2009 1:20 AM