Comments: The First Rule of Staying Clean

Oh that made me laugh with great enthusiasm. By any leg. Fabulous ;)
Hope the kids have a great time at Grandma's!

Posted by Heather at April 10, 2009 5:50 PM

Sneezles? Oh, that's just too perfect.
And isn't it nice that they got whisked away just in time for edits? The gods are smiling down upon you, eh?
Of course, you ought to ask your momma for her checkbook so you can pay laborers to come finish all the work, since she took away your free work force.

Posted by dee at April 10, 2009 7:11 PM

The key to a clean house at MY house is also having the husband absent. He likes to let things get enormously messy so that he feels heroic when he cleans up. In the meantime, mess.

Posted by kmkat at April 10, 2009 10:04 PM

Heh. The key to keeping my house clean - or tidy, at any rate - would be to send me away. I am more likely than my husband to clean something, but he is much more likely to tidy up (usually throwing away something of mine in the process).

Joshilyn, your household sounds like a whole lot of fun.

Posted by Sandra Leigh at April 10, 2009 11:22 PM

Rabbits are extremely loyal pets. You should get one. Tell Scott the beloveds say so.

Posted by nik at April 11, 2009 4:17 AM

You have to rescue a bunny before some nefarious game-eating person takes one for a free meal! Or is it only me who thinks that every time I pass a local "free bunnies" sign?

I once had a "used" hamster raised like Lyd's rabbit. He was the calmest, best hamster ever, and lived to be about 1,000 years old in hamster years!

Posted by Brigitte at April 11, 2009 6:49 AM

I have seen some very nice rabbits at the county fair. If you do decide to drive all the way to almost-Chicago for your inevitable-rabbit, you're welcome to stay here. :)

Posted by JulieB at April 11, 2009 10:50 AM

Yes, the only way to keep my house clean would be to a) sedate me and throw out all the stuff I'm going to either use or fit into someday and b) take away my keys so I can't get back in. I can't blame it on kids, husband, pets or even demonic forces. It's pretty much an illustration of the second law of thermodynamics: unless energy is added to the system, disorder spontaneously increases. And I prefer to use my energy to either re-read favorite books or try new cinnamon roll recipes.

The Dark and Dangerous Cinnamon Buns from "Whole Grain Baking" (King Arthur Flour) are very good and very satisfying. In case anyone hasn't chosen their recipe for Easter yet...

Posted by Diane (TT) at April 11, 2009 2:52 PM

This is how I picked out our kitten from the masses of all other kittens. I picked him up by the scruff of his neck and I poked him and pulled on his ears and legs and yes, even his tail.

Other kittens freaked out just by the picking up part... but Ziggy just looked at me like "wha?" so we bought him.

When he's getting steamrolled by the two year old I feel a bit guilty, but she lets him go and he moves like, six inches away and sits back down again, so I think he secretly likes it.

Posted by Heather Cook at April 11, 2009 6:38 PM

That is indeed the key. Someone, probably Erma Bombeck or Phyllis Diller, said "Cleaning the house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."

So my next Spring Cleaning is scheduled for April 2018. I can hardly wait.

Posted by alala at April 11, 2009 6:40 PM

None of my rabbits have ever bitten anyone. Rabbits prefer to run away from danger (their perception of what is dangerous) rather than to confront it.

Posted by Trace at April 12, 2009 1:35 PM

I've seen the best way to get a rabbit is to go to a 4-H Achievement Days Barn/Show whatever in the spring/summer where all the little 4-H farm children are showing their bunny rabbits. IF it is anything like when I was growing up, mothers are always trying to sell baby rabbits after they're shown or even ones that aren't being shown.

Posted by Lia at April 12, 2009 8:54 PM